(Senior) Financial Accountant (f/m/x)
Berlin, Berlin, Germany€40,000 - €60,000 per yearFinance
In the last few years, traveling has, unfortunately, become too stressful, too complex, too inconvenient, and too time-consuming. And although everyone in the industry is working very hard to improve the passenger experience - much more can be done!
Traveling and retailing should be seamless, simple, transparent, fast, and convenient. And digital. Here is where Duffle comes in.
The timing could not be better to emerge as a category winner: the global pandemic has accelerated the demand for a better and renewed approach to global travel retail, and as the world begins to open again, pent-up demand for travel and travel-related retail is set to boom as brands, retailers, airports, and airlines are doubling down their efforts to make up for lost sales.
(Senior) Financial Accountant at Duffle
We welcome a Financial Accountant to join and help define our Finance department. You will work closely with different internal and external stakeholders from Europe and handle the company’s German accounting. Additionally, you’ll enable the management and other teams to operate and drive decisions based on the latest financial data. You will be our first member of the Finance department, and you will be reporting to the founder and CEO.
What you will do:
- Planning, directing, and coordinating all operational accounting functions;
- Managing the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate accounting of consolidated business results;
- Coordinating and preparing internal and external financial statements;
- Coordinating activities of external auditors;
- Providing management with information vital to the decision-making process;
- Managing the budget process;
- Assessing current accounting operations, offering recommendations for improvement, and implementing new processes;
- Evaluating accounting and internal control systems and the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed;
- Consult and advise on invoicing between Duffle, Merchant, Airport, and Payment Service Provider across multiple locations (e.g., Germany, Denmark, Austria, etc.);
- Developing and monitoring business performance metrics;
- Overseeing regulatory reporting, frequently including tax planning and compliance;
- Hiring, training, and retaining skilled accounting staff.
Location and workplace:
This role is based in our HQ in Berlin. We have a hybrid work framework balanced between home and office.
Ideally, you bring:
Completed training as an accountant, controller, or comparable financial training;
Well-rounded professional experience in Finance departments handling the tasks described in the section above;
Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including German GAAP (HGB);
Good user knowledge of Datev;
You have strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
You can work independently with structure and in a proactive way;
You speak and can express yourself in English and German fluently.
Also, it would be nice to have:
Experience in the startup environment;
Experience in process definition and optimization for a finance department.
What we offer:
We offer a unique opportunity where you actively shape and contribute to the future success of the company.
A comprehensive and constantly evolving Onboarding program.
We play to be competitive in the compensation; many WIPs in the benefits package.
A combination of Hybrid and Remote frameworks is in place to enable an international team.
A culture of collaboration and entrepreneurship.
More to come soon! 💫
At Duffle, we embrace diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on an individual's race, national origin, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected characteristic under applicable law, whether actual or perceived.
We are looking forward to connecting with you!
The Talent Partner for this role is Ana Valentim, and the Hiring Manager is Alexander Trieb.
Process: 1st interview (TP) - 2nd interview (HM) - Final interview - Reference Check - Offer